ABOUT LIGHTS AND LINES
Welcome to Lights And Lines, a music collective and record label where curation sits at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to share new and exciting music from the underground with music lovers everywhere, providing some unique and exciting experiences along the way. We also run Brighton's best live music event, the Off The Record Independent Music Festival.
Based in Brighton in the UK - working globally.
SHARING STORIES THROUGH MUSIC
Our intention is to share amazing stories through music. Stories have the power to conjure up feelings of hope or despair and choose to bring us light or darkness. They can be based on fiction or fact, some are poignant, some are sad, some are inspiring. Whatever the function or outcome of a story, the idea of narrative is an innate part of what makes us human.
Through the ages music has accompanied storytelling, helping pass down accumulated wisdom through the generations. In fact it's estimated that human beings have been creating music for around 55,000 years. Starting with our voices, and then most likely hitting things to find rhythms we've been using music to tell stories since the dawn of time.
In 2021 we believe that in a world where everything is digital it can be rewarding to have something to hold. We’re working with artists to offer something tangible and physical to listeners - like CDs, Tapes, and Records. We'll then enhance these with digital assets such as ezines, downloadable artwork and podcasts - creating some truly unique, hybrid listening experiences along the way.
1. Music is political. We embrace the opportunity to use art to tell stories, fight wars, and change minds.
3. It's not about revolutions per minute. One revolution in a lifetime could change the world forever.
2. Genre is fluid and taste subjective. Instead you will know us by the way we make you feel.
4. Open your mind. You have to be lost to find something that cannot be found.
5. Real power comes from below, not above. Build real, strong, and local communities up from the underground.